Friday, May 13, 2011

Mothers Day

A few days late but couldn't let this Mother's Day pass without sharing my memories. My mom is and was the most AMAZING, caring, loving, compassionate, gentle, sweet mother in the world.
Some of my favorite memories growing up include:
-coming home after a LONG day of school hahah and having snacks waiting for us on the table
-taking us to White Water every summer and ridding all the rides with us
-carpooling us around to soccer, never missing a single game or practice
-teaching us about the Lord, singing songs to us at night in bed, scratching our backs and our arms
-Psalty the singing songbook haha
-creating so many fun memories, our house was always the house the kids in the neighborhood wanted to be at, we had the most fun, best snacks, and all around fun time there. She made it a special and magical place for others and has the gift of hospitality for sure
-playing house with us, dress up, doctors office, school, games galore
-always making our family dinners special and yummy
-organizing and dreaming up fun/affordable vacations. I remember she would sometimes take all 3 of us on vacation by herself (if my dad had to work), she is a travel agent extrodinare
-making each holiday, birthday, celebration special and unique
-Unconditional love and acceptance and complete selflessness
-A legacy of godliness, prayerfulness, and love for others

Mom- I love you and I hope that I become 1/2 the woman/momn that you are.

Now for my sweet girls.....
They bring me such joy and happiness. This year on Mother's Day Harper made me a little potted flower plant with her fingerprints on it and a special little poem. I loved it! Sydney gave me her sweet smiles all day long =) and Adam bought me a diamond drop necklace to replace my favorite one that I had lost. It was such a sweet surprise!

I hope all you momma's out there know how special you are and what a difference you are making in the world.










No comments: