Friday, May 1, 2009

Trip to Atlanta Harper 7.5 months

Our trip to Atlanta was so much fun and a little nostalgic. It is hard to believe that it has been almost 17 years since I lived there. It is even harder to believe that I kept in touch with a friend that I met in 4th grade (I only lived in Marietta, GA for 2.5 years). My friendship with Grayson is a rarity, so unique and so very special. I am blessed by her friendship and it is always so amazing to me how we can just pick up right where we left off as if nothing has changed. I only pray that Harper is able to find the kind of lifelong best friend that I have found in Grayson.

We had a great visit with Grayson and her family and it was definitely a walk down memory lane.

* Grayson's parents haved lived in the same house for the last 24 years. It is always fun to go back there because I am reminded of all of our fun childhood memories. Not much has changed except Grayson's old pink bedroom is now more sophisticated looking. She did still have the same stuffed animal that she slept with as a girl on the bed, the basement that we played endless hours of Nintendo in has now been converted to a man room for her dad, and the stairs that she once cried on when she had to come home from my house because her tummy hurt had new carpet. Other than that not much had changed. We are still little girls at heart but are now all grown up.

My mom is the best. We got along great and I was so thankful for her help with Harper. We got to see some of her old friends too. We hope this is the first of many mother daughter trips together.


Me, Grayson, Harper, Scott and Paula. Harper loved imitating Grayson and squinted her eyes when she laughed just like Grayson. I think she must have picked up on it.

Harper on the plane ride out. She did great and took a little nap on my shoulder for about 30 minutes. The ride back was not as fun =)

No comments: