Thursday, April 16, 2009

Atlanta or Bust

So my best friend since I was a kid lives in Atlanta. Her name is Grayson (one of the most beautiful names and beautiful people in the world) We met in 3rd grade and I moved at the end of my 6th grade year and we have remained great friends despite the miles between us. We have grown up together and seen each other through many of life changes and stages.

She came to Dallas a few months ago for a short weekend to meet Harper which was so much fun but when she left I just wished we could have spent a little more time together.
Well I found out Wednesday that she is going to be in Austin this weekend for a bachelorette party. I knew that I wanted to get in the car and drive the 3 hours to Austin to see her. However, life with a baby can make spur of the moment last minute trips a little difficult. After talking with Adam and thinking about all the logistics we decided it would be best not to go just for one day.

I told my mom about the situation and that I was a little dissapointed because we haven't got to spend that much time together over the last 5 years. I told her that it would be hard knowing that she is in the same state as me and I can't see her. This morning my mom called and said she had a surprise for me. She had 2 free airline tickets that had to be used before April 30th (within the next 2 weeks) and that we should use them to visit Grayson in Atlanta next week. So next week we are going to Atlanta!!. Yippee!

No comments: