Monday, May 18, 2009

Harper 8 month Milestones

So Harper just turned 8 months old:

Time continues to fly by but I have learned to stop and enjoy each precious moment and I try not to go a million miles a minute. As she continues to grow more curious about the world I relish in her desire to cuddle with me at the end of the day while I sing worship songs to her like my mom did for me as a child. She loves my voice (she may be the only one) and I love singing to her. When I lay her down in bed she gets a sad face and starts to cry and everything in me has to keep from crying too. It is hard to believe that one day she will outgrow my cradling arms and I will no longer be able to hold her like a baby so I will enjoy these special moments while I can.

* She laughs like a real person now
* She loves playing peek-a-boo and loves it when people chase after her down or up the stairs and shrieks with enjoyment
*She is feeding herself bananas and loves it when I give her the spoon
* She constantly says dada and mama
*She loves to blow bubbles and sit up in her bath and play with her bath toys
* She is a cuddler and people person and loves the attention from all her family and friends
* She rocks on her tummy and looks like she wants to crawl but enjoys being held so who knows when she will learn to crawl.
*Her eyes are really expressive and a window to her sweet little heart. She raises her eyebrows it is so sweet
*She still loves putting everything in her mouth, loves anything that makes noise, and loves playing in her exersaucer
*She loves books
*She pouts out her lower lip
*She got her bottom two teeth on April 30th
*She is very social
* We are trying to teach her sign language to help her communicate but haven't seen any fruit yet. We will continue to keep trying and see if she picks up on it
*She is somewhat of a picky eater. She loves sweet pottatoes, apples, bananas, pears, peaches (no surprise cause I am a fruit lover)
*She has a cute way of crossing her ankles while in her car seat or sitting in a high chair


It is really amazing to see how much she has changed in the last few months. I can't wait to see how she changes in the next few

No comments: